Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Operation Sazabi F.R.E.E.D.O.M

Well hello there! I felt like making a post about what was going on in my gunpla journey so here it is.

I was originally working on the HG Banshee Destroy Mode, I was about to panel line it when I ran into a problem, enamel eats acrylic. I thought I put on a good enough gloss coat where the enamel wouldn't eat the acrylic but unfortunately i was wrong and had a little bit of paint in the chest armor rub off. Luckily its an easy fix. I looked around for some Future but couldn't find any, I'm going to check home depot on Friday to see if they carry it. If they don't have it then I'm sure Target will. So In the mean time I decided to start building my HGUC Sazabi! I received this in the Reddit Gunpla gift exchange from fellow redditor and gunpla connoisseur, Crossbone013. Thank you again!

I was very excited to start building this kit and it was HEAPS of fun! It's a pretty straight forward build, but my god this thing is massive! The shield alone is almost the height of my HG Banshee. It's currently sitting pretty on it's Federation of Zeon base that I pictured in my last post. I'm waiting to fully finish up my Banshee before starting this guy. Also I don't have as much time now that school started :(

Well anyway, here's some straight out of the box pictures:





Pretty awesome looking right? As you can see in the first picture there should be little yellow pieces in the shoulder armor, I haven't put those in yet because they seem like they would be impossible to remove. I plan on giving the entire red armor a chrome cover with a few coats of Tamiya clear red to make the armor look metallic and nice. Hopefully I don't mess up and it looks nice >.< 
All the yellow pieces will be painted Model Master Acrylic Gold. The black is going to be a flat black. I want to make the little pods on the back pack (I forgot that they are called) shooting out, but I don't know how to make them "float" around the Sazabi. Do you guys have any idea? I'd love to hear them! 
Also, I bought Bandai Decals for this! It will be my first time decaling a kit and I'm very excited for it! All in all I'm going to put my heart and soul into this kit and I really hope it turns out how I imagine it.

Well, as always thank you for reading and I appreciate you taking your time to listen to my ramblings! Have a great one everyone and see you soon.

1 comment: